Everyone I have served these cookies to cannot believe that they are plant-based. I’ve been told they’re the best cookies in the world on numerous occassions, so I think you just might like them too 😉
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Warm and chewy cookies that will have you and your friends fighting over the last one!
- ¾ cup vegan margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp water
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup oats
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ – ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350C. Combine wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until well combined. If the dough isn’t sticking together enough, add more water, one teaspoon at a time until the dough sticks.
- Form into balls of your desired size, place on a baking tray and press to flatten the tops slightly.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are just golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to rest on the baking sheet. The cookies will continue to cook as they rest. Do not overcook, or the cookies will become hard.
These cookies are literally an addiction of mine. I love chewy cookies and these are perfect right out of the oven and for days to come… if you can make them last that long! They pair perfectly with a glass of plant-milk or your favorite hot drink. Twinnings Earl Grey tea is my personal favorite hot drink right now.
I hope you love these cookies as much as I do!
– A ❤