This smoothie was inspired by my chocolate-loving boyfriend. He was the first one to put both chocolate and ground coffee into our morning smoothies and now it’s a staple in our home. It’s something different, but tasty none-the-less!
Chocolate Coffee Protein Smoothie
Rich and creamy smoothie for chocolate lovers!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp coffee grounds
- 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder*
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1-2 cups plant-milk**
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Smoothie bowl option: use less milk to acheive a thicker smoothie, pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings like fresh fruit, coconut shreds and more chocolate chips.
*Adding chocolate protein powder is essential for achieving the level of chocolaty goodness that you want. Cannot guarantee it’ll taste as good without the chocolate flavor!
**Use less milk if your fruit is fresh or if you want to create a smoothie bowl.
If you’re feeling fancy, pour your smoothie into a bowl and add some of your favorite toppings!
Of course this smoothie can be enjoyed in the morning, post-workout, on the go, or on a relaxing afternoon on the balcony like Mackenzie is here 😛
Hope you enjoy this chocolatey, coffee smoothie!
– A ❤