Herbal, citrusy, and super simple potato salad – the perfect summer snack!
I love using potatoes in many of my recipes because they’re delicious, versatile, and actually pretty healthy when they aren’t deep fried! This potato salad recipe is one I’ve been making and perfecting for years and it’s now a staple for me, especially during the summer. It’s quick and easy to make – just be sure to leave yourself some extra time to let it chill in the fridge before you serve it!
Lemon Dill Potato Salad
Creamy, citrusy, herbal potato salad.
- 5 medium-large red potatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt to taste (about 1/4 tsp)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika for garnish
- Place the chopped red potatoes into a medium-sized saucepan and fill with water until the potatoes are just covered. Bring to a boil and then turn the burner to medium-high, cooking the potatoes for an additional 7 minutes after boiling (until potatoes are fork tender)
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the vegan mayo, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, dill, and salt to make the dressing
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and run them under cold water for at least 30 seconds
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl and pour on the salad dressing. Stir in the green onions, and sprinkle on as much pepper as you’d like!
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour so that the potatoes cool and soak up the dressing
- Serve in a large bowl with smoked paprika sprinkled on top!
With just over half of August left, I’m trying to make all the summery recipes I can before the colder weather comes. This recipe can absolutely be made year round, but I love it most in the summer because the flavours are sunny and bright, just like the weather! Hope you can make and enjoy it before the leaves start to change!
XO – M