Make this bruschetta as a midday snack, a dinner party appetizer, or to put on top of avocado toast for breakfast! With no cook time involved and only 5 ingredients, it’s an absolute must.
When I was younger, tomatoes were one of those things I just couldn’t get on board with. But one of the things that eventually got me loving tomatoes was bruschetta…something about the flavours of tomato, basil, garlic, and olive oil all mixed together were and are just irresistible to me (and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way)! I used to buy those pre-made containers of bruschetta at the grocery store super often, until I realized how easy and delicious it was to make at home.
Best served on your favourite baguette!
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 large, fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt to taste (approx. 1/4 tsp)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly
- If you have time, let the bruschetta sit in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to let the flavours absorb into the tomatoes – if you don’t have time, feel free to serve right away!
As someone who adores savoury breakfasts, I especially love making this bruschetta recipe to serve on top of avocado toast in the morning. If you plan on doing this, I suggest mashing an avocado with a teaspoon of lime juice and a pinch of salt before spreading it onto your favourite bread and topping it with the bruschetta!
I also suggest this bruschetta recipe as a great option for a potluck or picnic – pack up a sliced baguette or some crackers, bring the bruschetta in a container, and serve it up whenever the time is right!
XO – M