Berries, peanut butter, bananas, and granola…what could be better for a delicious, summery breakfast?
I’m not a huge fan of breakfast in general (quick, tasty vegan breakfasts are often hard to come by), but there are some that I definitely can get excited about…and a great smoothie bowl is one of them. This bowl is so yummy, has lots of protein, and is wonderfully quick to throw together!
Protein-Packed Smoothie Bowl
Make this bowl for breakfast, lunch, as a snack, or even for dessert!
For the smoothie:
- 2 large bananas
- 2 1/2 cups frozen berries (I used raspberries & strawberries)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3/4 cup plant milk
- 2 tbsp vegan protein powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup (optional)*
For the toppings:
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup granola
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- Blend all the smoothie ingredients until smooth. The smoothie will be quite thick – this is so that all the toppings sit nicely on top when you sprinkle them on the bowl!
- Pour the smoothie into two bowls and top them off with the berries, granola, hemp seeds, and bananas (as well as any other toppings you like)!
*If my bananas are under-ripe, I add a bit of maple syrup, but this is definitely not necessary!
If you haven’t had a smoothie bowl before, it’s something you definitely need to try. The best ones I ever had were the ones I ate when I was travelling in Indonesia…unfortunately, the fresh fruit options don’t quite compare here in Canada, but I’m happy to be sharing my version with you!
xo – M